Monday, February 5, 2018

Will You Be My Valentine?



The Paper Players challenge for this week is asking us to use a Valentine theme. I decided to play with some of my favorite dies and stamps from Reverse Confetti's January release!  



I previously made a pink/red/white version of the same layout, but this time I went with non-traditional colors thinking this would work well for a masculine recipient.  The background is a leftover panel from a day I was experimenting with alcohol ink blending.  I splattered some gold paint over it then layered the Falling Hearts die and a white embossed sentiment strip with a sentiment from the Heart Filled Sentiments stamp set. 

STAMPS: Heart Filled Sentiments (Reverse Confetti).
PAPER: White and Tropical Teal (PTI), Lime Green (RC).
INK: Versamark; Ranger alcohol inks.
DIES: Falling Hearts by Reverse Confetti. 

Quote from 365 Days of Wonder:
FEB 5 - "Give me a firm place to stand, and I will move the earth."      --Archimedes
 

4 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Love this! From the thumbnail, I thought you had masked to create the background... but having a die cut is even better. Love the touch of gold! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Wanda your fabulous background is perfect for a masculine card and I love that diecut - the white stands out beautifully. Thanks for joining our challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Wanda your fabulous background is gorgeous and perfect for a male Valentine - it makes the white diecut really stand out too. Thanks for joining our challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW, Wanda! This is gorgeous! I love the alcohol background! That die cut is fabulous! Non-Traditional colors are always fun to use. SO happy you made my challenge shine at The Paper Players this week! XX