Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Color Throwdown #454

Happy Wednesday everyone! Amy Rohl is the hostess for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge and has chosen green, kraft and white as our colors. LOVE these earthy colors which were perfect to add a sympathy card to my stash! 


When I returned from vacation this past weekend, this new background stamp - Cover Up: Diamonds by PTI - was in my mail stack, so I knew I wanted to use that as my starting point.  I white embossed on kraft cardstock, then die cut using a stitched rectangle die.  It was layered over some Wild Wasabi CS by SU.  I added some Glacier White Enamel Accents to the flower center.  I also added a couple of metallic gold die cuts to shadow two of the florals.

STAMPS: Cover Up: Diamonds, Larger Than Life (florals), Blooming Button Bits (sentiment) - all by Papertrey Ink.
INK: Wild Wasabi, Lucky Limeade (SU); Versamark.

We're so happy to announce that the talented Sheri Gilson is our guest designer for the month of August!  I'm a big fan of her fabulous clean, layered cards and you will want to visit her website HERE to see her beautiful card!

This week's guest star stamper is Kelly Schirmer of the Gingham Girl blog - congrats Kelly! 
 
For more details on how to play along, head over to the Color Throwdown Blog and you'll find the information on the right sidebar!  You can also visit the rest of the design team's creations for more inspiration by clicking on the links below:

Sheri Gilson - August Guest Designer 



3 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the white embossed background Wanda and those pretty florals such a lovely sympathy card.

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Wanda! Love the white embossing! Thank you so much for sharing inviting me to be a guest designer this month! ❤️

Rosemary said...

seriously gorgeous card... love how you used the colors!!